Maritime Operations – Annual Discipline Conference
Within the framework of NATO´s Global Programming, the fifth Annual Annual Discipline Conference (ADC) 2020 for the Maritime Operations Discipline will be held from 25 to 26 February 2020 in Kiel, Germany. The conference will be combined with the subsequent meeting of the Maritime Enterprise Advisory Board Working Group (MEAB WG) from 27 to 28 February 2020 at the same venue. As the Department Head [DH] for the Maritime Operations [MarOps] Discipline, the NATO Centre of Excellence for Operations in Confined and Shallow Waters [COE CSW] will host and conduct the ADC under the guidance of Headquarters Supreme Allied Commander Transformation / Joint Force Development [HQ SACT JFD].
The ADC 2020 will provide an opportunity to consider first amendments related to the NATOs new command structure, SACEURs newest guidance for E&T and to pave the way for the potential Training Needs Analysis in order to fill the identified gaps. The main outcome of the ADC will be the Discipline Alignment Plan, which shall reflect the major developments and achievements and outline the way ahead for the MarOps Discipline.
The overall objectives of the ADC are:
- To review the Training Requirements Analysis, the summary of the MarOps Education & Individual Training [E&IT] requirements and develop the landscape of MarOps E&IT opportunities currently available in NATO and NATO nations;
- To inform about the functional relations between MarOps training institutions, HQ SACT JFD, SHAPE J7 as the new OPR for exercises, Requirements Authority (HQ MARCOM) and Department Head (COE CSW) as well as to discuss options to synchronize efforts, save resources and coordinate processes such as Quality Assurance and Accreditation;
- To provide a forum for the MarOps Community of Interest to express and identify individual and collective training requirements which may feed the cycles of the Training Integration Plans (ITEP, MTEP, ePrime);
- To brief and update the participants on current and important developments and on-going topics related to MarOps E&IT as well as to discuss the developments in Collective Training;
- To provide a forum to coordinate the MarOps instructor/Subject Matter Expert support to MarOps training activities and exercises.
The draft Agenda and Administrative details will be part of the ADC Calling Letter.